These Five Signs Point to the Inevitability of Water Heater Repair or Maintenance
If your water heater has appeared to be in need of repair or maintenance, but you are not sure if it is yet time, then you can always contact The Stanley Louis Company to explain the issues with us. Just give us a call at 800-217-6527, and we will consider what is happening. In the meantime, you can read on to learn about five signs that repair or replacement might be on the horizon.
- You Are Experiencing Irregular Water Temperatures Do you sometimes get very hot water and sometimes all you can get is lukewarm or even cold water? Does there seem to be no reason for it? For example, even if no one has used hot water for hours, you still cannot get it as hot as it should get? This type of water fluctuation is a very strong indicator that there is something going on with your water heater.
- The Water is Discolored When you turn on your tap, is the water that comes out a little bit off in color? Does it seem to be tinged with something? Whether gray or rusty, or even red or orange, water that is discolored is anything but a good sign. It likely means that your water heater is breaking down from the inside out – and it is actively damaging your water heater.
- You Run Out of Hot Water Much More Quickly Than You Used To If your shower used to allow you to take your time lathering up and rinsing off without running out of water, and now all of a sudden you find yourself rushing through to ensure the water does not get cold on you, then you most likely do not have the right hot water heater capacity anymore.
- There Are Strange Noises Coming from Your Hot Water Heater If you hear rumbling, popping, or other strange sounds coming from your water heater, this is a sign that there is something bad going on. Usually, these types of sounds are caused by calcified sediment on the bottom of the water heater. The water heater is then having a hard time performing as it should, and repairs or replacements are in order.
- You Can See That the Water Heater is Corroded If you have noticed outward signs that your hot water heater is corroded, such as rust, then there is a serious sign that there is something wrong with your water heater. Likewise, other signs of wear and tear and/or water damage should encourage you to contact us right away.
If you are in need of help with repairs, maintenance, or replacement of your hot water heater, we welcome your call to The Stanley Louis Company at 800-217-6527 to gather more information.