5 Reasons You Should Not Try to Install Your Hot Water Heater on Your Own
So you need a new hot water heater. It might seem initially that the cheapest and best option is to buy the heater and install it yourself. This can actually be a much bigger mistake than you might think. Keep reading to learn why and then contact The Stanley Louis Company at 800-217-6527 if you would like to talk to an experienced, fairly priced hot water heater installation company.
- The Heater Could Catch on Fire or Explode Most water heaters use natural gas. This means that they have combustible fuel in them and that fuel is very flammable. Making even a minor mistake can result in a fire – or even a serious explosion. Saving a few bucks on installation is not worth putting yourself, your home, and your family in danger.
- You Will Increase Your Chance of Being a Victim of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Your gas-burning water heater needs appropriate ventilation. If they do not have this, then carbon monoxide is allowed to build up. If this happens, you will be dealing with a medical emergency that could lead to permanent brain damage or even death. Remember that carbon monoxide is odorless, so you would not necessarily know there was a leak without a detector.
- You Likely Do Not Have the Product Knowledge Necessary It is important to know that not everyone is an expert in hot water. If you visit your local big box store to buy a unit, do you think the associate that helps you has enough experience to know for sure what you need? Not likely. To make sure you get the right unit that best meets your needs, work with a trained, licensed professional.
- You Could Have Issues When You Sell Your Home Even if you do not intend to in the near future, eventually you might need to sell your home. If you self-installed your water heater, you would have to get it inspected and permitted. If it does not pass inspection, then it will need repairs and it may even need to be re-installed. On the other hand, if you let a licensed professional handle it from the beginning, we will ensure it is permitted up to code when it is installed. We also stand behind our work and the heater you choose will have a warranty on it.
- You Get Peace of Mind That You Are Safe What price would you put on being able to sleep soundly at night, knowing your home is safe? When you work with an experienced company to install your water heater, it will be taken care of for you. It might even be more affordable than you assume. Call The Stanley Louis Company at 800-217-6527 to learn more about your options.